Need an easy cream cheese dessert idea? These Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are easy to bake and delicious!
My youngest son loves all things cream cheese. He’s not the biggest fan of most desserts, really–wish I could say the same because I don’t think I’ve met too many desserts I didn’t like.
But my son loves cheesecake and most desserts with some sort of cream cheese.
That’s why I often experiment with different cheese danish desserts and flavors. And this time, since he does like a little hint of tangy now and again, I decided to try the cream cheese bars with a little extra lemon in the mix.
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
Let me also add that these dessert bars are out. of. this. world.
My family fought over the last piece. Dad won, of course, because at our house, the early bird catches the best fridge selection. 🙂
I love how super easy they are to make and how beautifully they baked to a nice golden with a sweet sugary crust.
I used my 9 x 11 baking dish for this one, but you could easily adjust these to fit in the baking dish you have on hand.
The secret to these dessert bars is the freshly squeezed lemon.
It gives a fresh zest to the cream cheese while still keeping the sweetness and it adds just a bit of extra flavor to create a whole new variety to our other favorite flavors of cream cheese desserts.
The tangy cream cheese filling also mingles beautifully with the sugar coated crust. It’s absolutely amazing and I can’t wait for you to try it, too.
Just check out how I made these at the bottom of the post and feel free to print your own copy or pin for later when you’re on the lookout for an easy dessert.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- 2 (8oz.) packs of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 (8oz.) packs of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 11 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press a can of the crescent rolls to the bottom of the dish, making sure to reach edges and keep together.
- Beat the cream cheese just a bit and add 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Blend in the lemon juice and mix well.
- Spread the lemon and cream cheese mixture of the crescent rolls.
- Roll the remaining crescent roll over the top and stretch to the edges and seal.
- Brush across the entire top of the crescent roll with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the top with 3 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Slice into bars and serve.