Looking for easy casseroles? This Tex Mex Casserole recipe is a super easy meal that’s layered with flavor and all things delicious. Even better, it’s a quick and easy meal that can be ready to serve in 30 minutes or less!
Ever tire of cooking the same old thing? Sometimes I’ll stand in front of my pantry staring at the canned goods for inspiration–just wishing I could create something exciting, but without the prep work and without loads of dirty pots and pans when it’s all cooked and served.
I love easy casseroles, so I’m totally loving this recipe! I’m calling it Tex Mex Casserole because it was inspired by my family’s love for Tex Mex cuisine. It’s loaded with flavor and super easy to modify to suit your family’s taste preferences. So use my recipe as a starting point and feel free to adjust by adding or taking away whatever ingredients you choose.
For this one, I wanted the taco beef flavor. So I started with a layer of corn chips topped with a pound of taco beef.
Here’s how I created my version of a Tex Mex Casserole. For a printable copy of the recipe, simply scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Tex Mex Casserole
1 bag of corn chips (enough to layer the bottom of dish)
1 lb. ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 large tomato, diced
green onions, chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Brown the ground beef and drain. Add the taco seasoning with 2/3 cup of water and let simmer for just a few minutes. Stir in can of cream of chicken soup and simmer for a few more minutes.
Layer the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with corn chips. Then layer the other ingredients in the following order:
1. taco beef mixture
3. Rotel tomatoes
3. black beans
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Garnish with fresh diced tomatoes and green onions. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
The ingredients are pretty much things I keep on hand anyway, so it’s one of those meals that doesn’t require any preparation and can be baked and served in 30 minutes or less.
That makes Tex Mex Casserole a winner at the Smith House. So add this one to your easy casseroles for busy weeknights. Your family will love it!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup water
- corn chips, enough to cover the bottom of baking dish
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and water and simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup and simmer just a few more minutes.
- Layer the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with corn chips.
- Spread the taco beef over the chips.
- Add the Rotel tomatoes.
- Layer with black beans and then corn.
- Top with shredded cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes and green onions.
- Add a dollop of sour cream to each serving.