Apple Filling Puff Pastry : This easy Apple Pie Puff Pastry recipe is a super easy dessert filled with a sweet filling and dusted with cinnamon and sugar for the perfect treat.
Apple Filling Puff Pastry
Apple pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts. Who can resist the warm cinnamon apples surrounded by a flaky crust? However, some of those apple treats I see on Pinterest or in food magazines can be complicated and require a long list of ingredients.
Although I love creating those treats on special occasions, as a busy mom I need quick and easy recipes that don’t require a lot of prep time and the ingredients are ones I keep on hand.
That’s why I love baking these miniature apple pies. An Apple Filling Puff Pastry is just the right portion for parties or for an after dinner dessert. They are awesome served alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
For this recipe, I use The Pampered Chef Cut N Seal . It’s really a great tool for these pastries that gives a nice edge on the crust.
However, you can use the rim of a cup or glass just as easily to make the circles. Just make sure to lightly flour the surface before cutting out the shape to keep them from sticking. Then pinch the edges to create the seal, so that all the apple center will stay inside.
This mini apple pie is one of the easiest baking recipes you’ll ever make. AND, it’s versatile because you can make them with Puff Pastry Sheets, as I have here, or a Pastry Pie Shell Crust, because I’ve baked them with a couple of those, too.
The difference? the puffiness. That’s what the Puff Pastry is for. Though I’ve used the ready made pie shell sheet many times to make these, the puff pastry gives the pies a light crust that my family seems to prefer.
Here’s how my family likes them.
Easy Apple Pie Puff Pastry Recipe
1 can apple pie filling
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
1 package puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 Tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Empty contents of apple pie filling in mixing bowl and cut through the apple slices to create smaller pieces.
3. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon with apple filling and set aside.
4. In another small bowl, mix sugar and the remaining cinnamon. Set aside.
5. On a lightly floured surface, spread one of the pastry sheets.
6. Using the cut n’ seal or glass rim, cut circles.
7. Repeat with the other pastry sheet until you have an even amount. You can combine pastry scraps by gently pressing together, if needed to make more circles.
8. Scoop 1 Tablespoon of apple pie mixture in the center of half of the circles.
9. Cover with remaining circles and seal.
10. Brush the tops of each pastry with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
11. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until puffed and golden. Enjoy!
These Apple Puff Pastries are easy to make and delicious! Click To Tweet
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Print a copy of our Apple Filling Puff Pastry recipe:
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 package puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Empty contents of apple pie filling in mixing bowl and cut through the apple slices to create smaller pieces.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon with apple filling and set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix sugar and the remaining cinnamon. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, spread one of the pastry sheets.
- Using the cut n' seal or glass rim, cut circles.
- Repeat with the other pastry sheet until you have an even amount. You can combine pastry scraps by gently pressing together, if needed to make more circles.
- Scoop 1 Tablespoon of apple pie mixture in the center of half of the circles.
- Cover with remaining circles and seal.
- Brush the tops of each pastry with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm--enjoy!
These look so good and so easy!!! Perfect! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!
I was looking for a way to make mini apple pies. This is perfect! Thanks (pinned)
Mitzi Smith says
Yay! Happy you found it, Tiffiny- enjoy!
Crystal Green says
You always make me so hungry. Everything you share always looks sooo good. THank you for this idea.
Tammy @ theultimatelinky says
I will have to show this to my daughter. She loves anything apple!
This sounds so delicious!! I’ve pinned it! 🙂
Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!
These look so good. I have a bunch of bags of frozen apples I need to use as well as puff pastry. I’ve definitely pinned this. Following on G+
Sharon - Her Organized Chaos says
These look so delicious. Pinning and sharing! Thanks for sharing this at Totally Terrific Tuesday last week. I can’t wait to see what you have lined up for this week. It’s live right now!
Her Organized Chaos