Looking for a new way to spice up your ordinary party mix? Try this Fallfetti party mix recipe to add a sweet fun flavor that is perfect for your next fall event.
This fallfetti party mix is sure to please even your pickiest trick-or-treaters or party goers this year. Scoop a serving into a treat bag for a sweet surprise, or serve in a large decorative fall bowl at an upcoming event.
I love to serve a bowl of party mix at our house. It’s certainly a crowd pleaser and can easily be varied to suit the season or event you’re celebrating, while adding just the right mix of decoration and flavor to any table setting, too.
This weekend I created a new one. I wanted something sweet like candy corn with a little bit of salty and a whole lot of crunch. So I grabbed a few boxes of my favorite varieties of Chex cereal, added a seasonal fall favorite candy for something sweet, and sprinkled in some nuts and pretzels for a little extra saltiness, too.
Fallfetti party mix was a hit at the Smith House. I made a big batch on Saturday and it was all gone by Sunday afternoon! There wasn’t a single piece of it left. No picking through for the ‘good’ pieces, either–the combination is just the right salty with a wonderful sweet that’s great for fall.
Fallfetti Party Mix
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
1 1/2 cups Honey Wheat Chex cereal
1 cup pretzels
1 cup pecans
1 bag of candy corn flavored M&Ms
Here’s the sweet spot:
Candy Corn Flavored M&Ms are a little too sweet for me alone, but mixed with nuts and salty pretzels they add just the right sweet to the mix.
1. Stir vanilla and melted butter in small bowl.
2. Combine cereal, pretzels, and pecans in a large microwavable bowl.
3. Pour butter mix over cereal mix and evenly distribute the melted butter throughout.
4. Add brown sugar and mix until evenly coated.
5. Heat on high for 5 minutes in the microwave, stirring every minute or so.
6. Remove from microwave and spread on cookie sheet.Allow time to cool.
7. When cooled completely, sprinkle with the M&Ms.
8. Store in sealed container. Enjoy!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Honey Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 bag of candy corn flavored M&Ms
- Stir vanilla and melted butter in small bowl.
- Combine cereal, pretzels, and pecans in a large microwavable bowl.
- Pour butter mix over cereal mix and evenly distribute the melted butter throughout.
- Add brown sugar and mix until evenly coated.
- Heat on high for 5 minutes in the microwave, stirring every minute or so.
- Remove from microwave and spread on cookie sheet.
- Allow time to cool.
- When cooled completely, sprinkle with the M&Ms.
- Store in sealed container--enjoy!