This cream cheese appetizer idea is perfect for any party. This Dried Beef Ball recipe goes great with any type of cracker and is a crowd pleaser, too!
Cream Cheese Appetizers
I love cream cheese appetizers because they’re so easy to throw together. That’s why I love this cream cheese recipe with dried beef. For this one, I just mix it and store in the fridge until I’m ready to serve. It’s one I’ve made for years and it’s always a crowd pleaser that goes great with all sorts of other crackers and snacks.
I especially love that it’s super easy. It’s a quick appetizer idea that I’ve used as a go-to favorite for a very long time. Since someone usually requests it during family celebrations, I always try to keep the ingredients on hand. Fortunately, it doesn’t take very many to make it. Here’s the way I like to make mine.
Dried Beef Ball Recipe
2- 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese
3 green onions, chopped, stalks and all
1 1/2 jars chipped dried beef
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. Accent
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. For best results, allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
2. Rinse one jar of the dried beef to cut down on the saltiness.
3. Mix all ingredients.
4. Mold to form a cheese ball.
5. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Many people who make this one like to sort of roll the cheese ball, once it’s mixed, in more of the dried chipped beef. But I think it takes away from the rest of the flavors, so I do cut back on my chopped dried beef for this one.
I chop everything, add it to the mixer, and I’m done. Once it’s mixed well, I transfer it over to a piece of plastic wrap and mold it to form the cheese ball. It keeps me from making a huge mess and makes forming the cheese ball much easier, too.
The dried beef ball and any cream cheese appetizer usually serves well with any sort of cracker. This time, I used 2 sleeves of butter crackers and it filled up the plate.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- 2- 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped, stalks and all
- 1 1/2 jars chipped dried beef
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. Accent
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- For best results, allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
- Rinse one jar of the dried beef to cut down on the saltiness.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Form into a ball.
- Serve with crackers.