This quick and easy recipe for Baked Tortellini Casserole is loaded with flavor and filled with mozzarella cheese.
My boys love every dish that’s cheesy. And they love any variety of pasta, too, so that’s why this one was a favorite. I love that it’s super easy. And I also love that I can prep and bake it entirely, from start to finish, in just one dish.
That’s why I use my dutch oven for this one. I can sauté the onions and brown the ground beef. Then mix everything else together and pop it in the oven to bake.
Baked Tortellini Casserole
This one is really the perfect meal for busy families. And right now, we are super busy at the Smith House. So it’s nice to have these quick and easy recipes we can pull together in less than an hour. This one only takes 30 minutes to bake.
Here’s how I make mine.
2 Tablespoons olive oil
small onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 jar of spaghetti sauce*
1 can of diced tomatoes
20 oz. pack of fresh cheese tortellini**
3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sauté onions in olive oil, then add ground beef and brown.
Drain ground beef and mix in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and a little salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the tortellini and about half of the mozzarella.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese to cover the top.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
*My family loves the Ragu Super Chunky Mushroom spaghetti sauce. So if I mention spaghetti sauce in my recipes, it’s this one unless otherwise mentioned.
**For this recipe, I used the three cheese tortellini. Although I’m sure other varieties would taste great, too.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 20 oz. package fresh cheese tortellini
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté onions in olive oil, then add ground beef and brown.
- Drain ground beef and mix in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the tortellini and about half of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese to cover the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.