If you’re looking for a quick mini-meal, this easy version for Hoppin’ John is the perfect option.
It’s hearty, delicious, and super easy to make on the go.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice. All opinions are my own.
I was raised on black-eyed peas and rice. And there’s never been one New Year’s Day without some version of Hoppin’ John being served with collard greens and cornbread.
But Hoppin’ John takes a while to make. It’s never been one of those recipes you could easily make on the fly–until now.
Quick & Easy Hoppin’ John Recipe
Using Minute® Ready to Serve Rice, I was able to whip up a serving of Hoppin’ John for lunch in just the time it takes to heat it through!
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is the perfect solution for a quick mini-meal or snack because you can eat it on-the-go, straight from the cup. It only takes 60 seconds and you have fully cooked rice to add to any snack or lunch.
Since the rice is already cooked, all I had to do was toss in a 1/2 cup of pre seasoned black-eyed peas and the meal was ready. It tasted just like the original recipe and took way less time to create.
The ideas are endless. Just experiment by mixing in your favorite flavors with your favorite Minute® Ready to Serve Rice. Here are a few to consider:
- Mix in your go-to protein and a veggie, plus a sauce/seasoning or cheese, for a quick meal.
- Stir in staples like peanut butter and honey, and you’ll have a snack that fits any craving.
- A time-saving recipe includes an egg and salsa in your favorite Minute® Ready to Serve Rice variety for a 60 second breakfast option you can pop in the microwave at the office.
For more Stir-In ideas, visit the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice Website.
We all like to keep a few go-to snacks in the desk drawer or tucked away someplace as an easy option.
Keep Minute® Ready to Serve Rice in your snack drawer for easy, wholesome desktop dining or snacking on the go. It’s a versatile product that can be eaten for any meal occasion, from breakfast to dessert to a quick pre or post workout snack.
In the meantime, give this Quick & Easy Hoppin’ John recipe a try.
Feel free to print out your own copy of the recipe found at the bottom of this post, or pin for later. Enjoy!
Never Miss a Post
- 1 can of pork seasoned black-eyed peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 pound bacon
- 2 servings of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice
- Fry bacon and crumble, reserving the grease.
- Saute onions in bacon grease until translucent.
- Add crumbled bacon and peas to the pan and heat through.
- Prepare rice as directed on packaging.
- Spoon black-eyed peas over the rice-- enjoy!